Being a super admin, you must configure the CRM Authentication, once you log into the Portal after verifying the email.
You need to authenticate the following configurations:
– Environment: You can connect with Live or Sandbox CRM instances to connect the PortalXpand.
– Client ID: Insert the Client ID for your selected Environment.
– Username & Password: Insert the credentials of the portal.
– Security Token: Insert the token that you have got from the relevant environment Live or Sandbox.
– Client Secret: Insert the client secret key.
– Test Connection: You will find the Test Connection button on the CRM Authentication page. It will verify whether the entered credentials are correct or not.
By clicking on the ‘help tip’ icon, you will see the link on how to get the Security Token. Once you have configured the CRM Authentication details, save the changes.