You can manage the Field values and allow the portal users to select the required fields only when they are creating/editing any record in the customer portal.
> Advance Field Settings to set default values
You can configure the Advance Field for the Picklist, Status, State, Boolean, Multi-select picklist, etc..
If you have inserted the Picklist field in the Form Builder, you can select the default value to display in the picklist drop-down option from the customer portal.
By editing that Field, you will find the Default Values drop-down option under the ‘Field Configuration’.
Select the default values that you want to show in the customer portal. After saving the Field configuration, you can preview the Form to check how portal users will get that option.
> Advance Field Settings to set the number of options
If you have added the ‘Field’ with Multi-selection dropdown, you can set the number of options to provide in the customer portal for Multiple selections of the Field values.
By editing that Multi-Select Field, you need to select the Default Values.
After selecting the ‘Default Values’, you can set the multi-selection limit from the ‘Selection Limit’ option. Once you selected the options (depending on the number of options available) that will display to make multi-selection in the entity form to the portal users.
Note: If the number of option selections is less than the total number of available, the portal users will not get ‘All’ option to select all the values.
After configuring the Field, click on the Save button. You can also preview the configured Field values by clicking on the Preview option.
> Advance Field Management
You can set the condition to hide/show the fields or multi-selection of the Fields. You can set the conditions for the different values to hide or show the related values.
By editing that Field, you will find the Advance Field Management option under the ‘Field Configuration’.
You need to configure Field Management as below:
– Default Field Visibility: It is for the field visible or not. You need to select the ‘default visibility for the field values.
– Conditional Field: The field on which the current field is shown or hide. You can define the hide/show for the selected field as per the ‘conditional field’. Based on the Conditional Field, the default field visibility will change.
– Multiselect Matching Category: You can select the condition to match from here. There are 3 types of conditions provided:
– Any: If you want to set the condition to match any of the values, select Any.
– All: If all the field of the dropdown is selected (only for multi-select type), select All.
– And: If all field of Conditional Field is selected within the options of Condition Field Options (only for multi-select type), select And.
– Conditional Field Option: You need to select the options to be selected for show/hide the field. Select the values on which the conditions should match.
After configuring the Field Management, click on the Save button and publish the form to apply advanced field conditions to the customer portal. You can Preview the Advance Field that configured.