Notes widget will let you offer chat view support to your customers. With this, your portal users can initiate a chat with you in case of support. Here is how you can enable chat support in your portal.
You need to drag & drop the Notes widget to the design layout area (body) from the Widget section.
By clicking on the edit icon of the Notes widget, you can find the Note Configuration to setup the chat support. You can configure the following settings:
Label: Insert the text label for the comment section.
– Allow Creating Records: You can enable this option if you want to give the “Create Records” rights to the portal users.
– Button Label: Insert the text label for the create button, the default label will be “Create”.
– Allow Deleting Records: You can enable this option if you allow the customers to “Delete” any record.
Default Accordion Behaviour: Select the accordion behavior from Expanded or Collapsed.
Enable Global Access: Checkmark this box to view all the notes related to the parent record.
– If You Enable This Feature: The logged-in portal user can view his comments as well as other users’ comment related to his account, and CRM user’s comments.
– If You Disable This Feature: The logged-in portal user can view his comments and the CRM user’s comments.
Select Design Layout: Select the design layout for the chat support.
Note: “Notes” widget is only supportable for detail type form.